KDM Switchgear Panel is designed through our new systems and modern procedures.
Excellent durability and full of long-lasting operational features
24/7 online support
KDM one of Leading Switchgear Panel Supplier and Manufacturer in China
Need Help Purchasing Switchgear Panel for your Project Requirement?
KDM offers the most advanced switchgear panels manufactured by modern technology machines. We manufacture and create products that meet world-class standard brands. KDM makes sure that our switchgear panels are popular in this industry and reach the top products in the market.
KDM Switchgear Panel Series
KDM as a leading manufacturer of switchgear panels, we are able to design innovative three-phase switchgear panels that can be used for various industrial purposes. We manufacture panels with the latest manufacturing technologies and practices with the highest quality standard.
Low voltage switch gear panel is designed to protect electrical installations or electrical equipment from overload current or short circuits. KDM manufactures all of these products with great attention to detail.
KDM medium switchgear panels can be applied in primary and secondary applications. It is made to protect and control electrical equipment, utility and industrial applications.
Our indoor switchgear panel ranges from 22kv-33kv are fabricated from superior quality materials. These products are available in KDM at affordable prices.
Withdrawable Switchgear Panel rigid structure offers great stability and perfect versatility for any random applications. All kinds of units contained a high protection levels, safety, and reliability. Plus, it require less floor area for convenient maintenance and more advantages.
We have the widest range of solid insulated switchgear panels. We fabricate these products to offer increased safety in applications and reduce spaces.
Send your Inquiry on KDM Switchgear Panel
KDM is committed to providing turnkey in solutions in your problems in finding the best switchgear panels. We trained ourselves to help and assist our customers in a timely, cost-effective manner and achieve total client satisfaction.
- Save time, reduced cost, and stress-free purchasing experience
- Efficient team fully committed to deliver high-quality Switchgear Panel
- 100% certified and reliable manufacturer of switchgear panels
- Custom-engineered units to meet specific requirement
Related Products of Switchgear Panel
KDM Switchgear Panels
KDM switchgear panels are designed to meet high-quality standards and tested on any quality issues. Our switch gear panels are classified in indoor and outdoor types. Our output switch gear panel is used in voltage above 66kv. KDM has the widest range of all kinds of switchgear panels that will fit all your needs.
KDM designed new systems and procedures in manufacturing switchgear panels to make sure that we create the latest products with a modern outlook. We make sure that we have highly qualified engineering teams that harness the knowledge and skills in creating high-quality switchgear panels. KDM switchgear panels are equipped with advanced modifications and upgrades.
KDM switchgear panels can be installed in transformer stations, power generating stations, paper mills, industrial plants, substations, and institutional and commercial buildings. With more than a decade of experience, we managed to provide outstanding services and gained expertise in manufacturing all types of switchgear panels.
Switchgear panels in KDM are designed to provide protection in low circuits and low voltage power with centralized control. We manufacture and distribute switchgear panel that has all the needed components in building projects such as protection relays, transformers, circuit breakers, and fuses.
We also manufacture and distribute medium voltage switchgear panels for various purposes in industries. KDM is now extending our distribution and services in switchgear panels globally. For the ease of our customers, we can create switchgear panels depending on the specific design that the customer needs.
Our main goal is to provide products that will give satisfaction to all our customers and business partners. KDM is a 100% certified and reliable manufacture of switchgear panels. We continuously strive towards improving our services and products to provide superior quality switchgear panels.
If you are having trouble with the IT equipment and safeguarding your facility, KDM switchgear panel solutions will protect them both. Our products will enable you to save costs in the long run. Our professional engineer’s design switchgear panels with durability and long-lasting.
We have been the most reliable manufacturer of switchgear panels and trusted by our clients, customers and business partners. We are looking forward to our future partnership in this industry. We are glad to serve and provide all your needs in switchgear panels.
For more reliable and trusted information, be sure to contact us now! We are available and willing to assist you 24/7.
Switchgear Panel: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Investing in high quality switchgear panel guarantees safety and reliability of your electrical systems.
It protects the entire systems from electrical faults which can cause possible damages to the systems.
How to go about this maybe a challenging task, however, this guide breaks down every as follows?
- What is Switchgear Panel?
- Does Switchgear Panel use an Isolator?
- What is the Use of Switchgear Panels?
- What are the Benefits of using the Switchgear Panel?
- Are there Disadvantages of Switchgear Panels?
- How do you Install Switchgear Panel?
- Is there a difference between Panel Board and Switchgear Panel?
- What is the difference between Power Control Panel and Switchgear Panel?
- What are the Building Blocks of Switchgear Panel?
- How does Switchgear Panel work?
- What Types of Switchgear Panels are there?
- How do you Troubleshoot Switchgear Panel?
- How can you Test Switchgear Panel?
- Is there a difference between LT Switchgear Panel and HT Switchgear Panels?
- How do you Calculate Amperes of Switchgear Panel?
- Are Screened Switchgear Panels available?
- What should you consider when Buying Switchgear Panel?
- What are the Quality Standards for Switchgear Panel?
- What is the difference between Distribution Panel and Switchgear Panel?
- How does Low Voltage Switchgear Panel compare to the High Voltage Switchgear Panel?
What is Switchgear Panel?
A switchgear panel refers to a collection of components of switchgear including switch fuses, circuit breakers, isolators, and relays.
The function of switchgear is to control, switch, and regulate an electric circuit in a power system.
Does Switchgear Panel use an Isolator?
A switchgear panel uses an Isolator.
The function of the Isolator in a switchgear panel is to isolate an electric circuit from the power source.
Isolation helps in minimizing electrical faults from occurring, which can harm your electrical equipment.
They are also vital components during the maintenance of a switchgear panel.
What is the Use of Switchgear Panels?
The uses of a switchgear panel include:
- Connect and disconnect electric induction motors.
- Performing quantitative and qualitative power supply measurements.
- It has devices that offer protection against overloading and short circuits.
- This helps in ensuring the safety and functionality of the electrical equipment.
- Isolation of electrical circuits from the main power source.
- This helps in the safe clearance of electrical faults, protection of electrical equipment, and general maintenance.
- It has devices that help in the distribution and control of electric currents.
- This is from the main source to the different electrical devices.
What are the Benefits of using the Switchgear Panel?
The benefits of using a Switchgear panel include:
The cost of purchasing and maintaining a switchgear panel is lower than the cost of not using one.
A switchgear panel offers protection to your electrical equipment without which you would experience serious damages to your equipment.
· Ease of Maintenance
Components of Switchgear panels are easily accessible hence allows for quick maintenance in case of occurrence of electrical fault.
You can do this even with little technical knowledge.
A switchgear panel offers a reliable option for your normal power use.
This switchgear has mechanisms that identify faults and enable quick fixation of these faults.
You, therefore, have a reliable power source for your consumption.
· Ease of Assembling
A Switchgear panel is easy to assemble. It requires a few expertise to assemble this equipment in addition to reading the manufacturer’s manual.
A Switchgear panel offers protection to live electrical conductors which ensures the safety of your electrical application.
A Switchgear panel protects your electrical devices from electrical faults.
Are there Disadvantages of Switchgear Panels?
A Switchgear panel has several disadvantages which include:
Regular maintenance is a requirement when operating a switchgear panel.
A qualified professional should handle this, which can be a challenge when such personnel is not available.
Maintenance also poses a cost challenge, which is higher.
This becomes a limiting factor when such funds are not available since it affects the operation of the switchgear panel.
· Installation Space
You need to consider the installation space before purchasing a switchgear panel.
This can be a challenge when you don’t have enough space.
Installation space should allow for easy operation and maintenance of your switchgear panel.
· Initial Cost
The cost of purchasing a switchgear panel is relatively expensive, including the installation cost.
This requires proper planning and budgeting.
How do you Install Switchgear Panel?
The installation of a switchgear panel involves carrying out several steps. This includes:
· Switchgear Panel Inspection
This involves carrying out a visual inspection to ensure that there are no damages to switchgears.
Also, you need to make sure that it complies with all the necessary certifications.
· Position of the Switchgear Panel
The next step is the positioning of the switchgear panel in its location.
Positioning requires a proper clearance and ensuring there is enough space for the switchgear panel.
Space should put into consideration the maintenance space.
When installing, you need to connect the cables of the switchgear panel correctly to the electrical equipment.
While making the connections, ensure that you have used the correct voltage and current ratings for the components.
· Final Inspection
After the connections, you need to ensure that all the connections are correct and that the switchgear panel is functioning accordingly.
Is there a difference between Panel Board and Switchgear Panel?
Switchgear panel system
Yes. There is a difference between a panel Board and a Switchgear Panel.
A panel board is an electricity supply component that aid in the division of current power feed to subsidiary circuits.
As it does this, it offers a protective fuse for every circuit in a normal enclosure.
A Switchgear panel helps in controlling, switching, and regulating an electric circuit.
Switchgear consists of various components such as insulators and fuses.
A panel board acts as a single unit.
A Panel Board handles a low voltage power system while a Switchgear handles a power system with a voltage requirement of between 240 to 13.8kV.
Switchgear is usually three-phase, while a Panel Board is a single-phase.
What is the difference between Power Control Panel and Switchgear Panel?
A switchgear panel refers to a collection of components of switchgear including switch fuses, circuit breakers, isolators, and relays.
A Power control refers to the intelligent component of a transmitter in a communication system,
The function of power control is to get maximum performance within the communication system.
The function of switchgear is to control, switch, and regulate an electric circuit in a power system.
What are the Building Blocks of Switchgear Panel?
The main building blocks for a Switchgear Panel are:
- Metal clad. This is the nerve center for distribution lines leaving the switchgear panel.
- It helps in the isolation of lines during maintenance.
- A Disconnecting Switch/ Isolator. The function of a disconnecting switch in a switchgear panel is to interrupt small currents which are capacitively coupled or induced.
- Protective relays. This component helps in detecting any fault within the switchgear panel and relays it to the circuit breaker.
- A surge arrestor. The function of these components is to disperse excess voltage within the switchgear panel to the ground. This helps the system to function appropriately.
- Step-down transformer helps in the conversion of voltage from high to low, which the switchgear panel can use.
- Instrument transformers. Their function is to measure the electrical parameters necessary to protect the switchgear panel.
- Earthing Switch. Earthing switch helps in directing excess electrical current in the switchgear to the ground. This helps in reducing electrical overload and the occurrence of electrical faults.
- Busbar. A busbar acts as a connector for various lines distributing power to different sections of the switchgear panel.
- Air break switches. They help in the sustenance of two lines or equipment of the switchgear panel, thus minimizing electrocution. This is through isolation of circuit and equipment within the switchgear.
- Circuit breaker protects the electrical circuit whose source has an overload. They also help in fault interference during a repair.
- The voltage regulator helps in ensuring the switchgear panel uses the right voltage during operation.
How does Switchgear Panel work?
The working of a switchgear panel depends on the effective functioning of its different components.
The main functioning parts of Metal-clad switchgear are the relay and the circuit breaker.
When a fault occurs, the relay swings into action by closing the circuit trip.
This is through the automatic disconnection of the fault line.
Next, the healthy and operative sections ensure there is a flow of the required normal supply load.
Through this, there is a smooth electrical supply throughout the equipment, ensuring there is no damage.
Overloading of the line inhibits the current from making an electromagnetic release action.
However, it initiates the production of heat by the thermal element.
The heater heats the bi-metal sheet causing it to bend upwards.
This pushes the lever upwards, making the hook to lock off.
This breaks off the primary contact, cutting power supply off.
By doing this, when there is an overload, it exceeds the set current causing the electromagnetic tripper to produce suction.
A combination of the suction and the impact lever results in the lap hook to rotate upwards around the
Shaft seat, thereby releasing the lock
What Types of Switchgear Panels are there?
The main types of Switchgear panels available include:
- Low voltage switchgear panels. They connect and disconnects distribute and interrupt the current flow with a voltage of up to 600V
- Medium Voltage Switchgear Panels. This Switchgear panel interrupts, connects and disconnect and distributes current with a voltage between 600V and 69kV
- High Voltage Switchgear Panels. These switchgear panels connect and disconnects interrupt and distribute current with a voltage of between 69kV and 230kV
- The air-insulated Switchgear panel uses air as the main insulation material.
- Gas-insulated switchgear panel uses a special gas, FS6, as the main insulation material.
How do you Troubleshoot Switchgear Panel?
Troubleshooting of a switchgear Panel depends on the type of problems.
The following are the main ways of troubleshooting a switchgear panel.
· You cannot Lock the Handle
This problem arises from the rusting of the internal locking mechanism or a faulty locking mechanism.
It may also be that you are using the wrong key to open up.
To solve this problem, ensure that you use the correct key.
You need to lubricate the locking mechanism or replace it altogether.
· Poor Control Unit Operation
Poor control unit operation maybe because of unfastened screws of the terminal blocks.
Alternatively, it can be due to an improper connection of the control plug.
You need to tighten the screws for the terminal blocks. You can also connect the control plugs appropriately.
· Shutters are not Opening
If your shutters are not opening, it may be due to poor adjustment of the moving parts or lack of lubricating in these parts.
Also, it can be due to deformed shutters.
To solve this, you need to adjust and lubricate the moving parts and check on the shutters to ensure they are incorrect shape.
· Internal Noise
the cause of your switchgear producing internal noise is due to the electromagnetic induction screws that are on the partitioning plates.
Cable touching gland plates are another source of the internal noise.
Ensure that you have tightened the screws on the portioning plates and applying a layer of sealant on the cable.
· Overheated Connections
This is a result of having bolts that are overhead and loose.
To solve this, ensure that you use the rated current value.
Also, tighten any loose bolt and replace the busbar if necessary.
· The Switchgear Fails the Dielectric Test or Ground Fault.
Cracked insulators cause this. Such insulators are prone to moisture or foreign contaminants.
To solve this, you need to replace the insulators.
You can also clean using an appropriate cleaning agent and dry the moisture parts.
· Shutters not Closing
The main reason why the shutter is not closing is due to damaged shutters.
To solve this, you need to repair the shutters and clean the adjustable parts.
You can also apply a lubricating oil in these parts to facilitate the closing.
· Indicating Light Extinction
Indicating light extinction may be as a result of the following:
Fuse or resistor burnt, Broken bulb filament, faulty limit switch contractor poor contact of the auxiliary switches.
You need to check on the following to fix this: change the bulb, replace the fuse or resistor, cleaning of the auxiliary contacts, or monitor the MCCB of the fuse terminals.
How can you Test Switchgear Panel?
The following are the main tests that you can conduct on a switchgear panel:
· Short-circuit Resistance
This test determines the resistance of the busbars and their breaking, supports, and protective devices to the electrodynamic and thermal stress.
· Temperature Rise Limits
Temperature rise limits help in determining the appropriate operating temperature for switchgear panel.
High temperature has the effect of components aging prematurely, leading to the failure of the MV switchgear.
· Checking Operational Degree
This test determines the operational safety of the switchgear panel.
It also helps in preventing solid and liquid contaminants from getting in contact with the switchgear.
· Creepage and Clearance Distance
You need to carry out this test between the live parts of the MV switchgear and also its exposed conductive parts.
You measure the distance between the live parts using the different polarities.
Bolted connections, joints, unsuitable connectors minimize the initial insulation values.
· Protective Circuit Effectiveness
This helps in determining the safety of the MV switchgear.
This test also determines the occurrence of high fault current in case the conductor detaches accidentally.
Effective protective circuits need to withstand optimum short-circuit thermal stress, which happens as per the supply current.
· Current Transformer Core Test
You need to test the ration and polarity of the current transformer core and compare the results to the primary current injection. You need to perform this test phase by phase.
· Dielectric Test
The dielectric test is on the auxiliary circuits.
For this test, apply 500 voltage DC between the terminal blocks and the earth point.
· Voltage Tests on the Main Circuit
You need to check on the dielectric strength to remove causes like damage during handling, wrong fastening, and presence of foreign bodies.
Such issues may result in an internal malfunction of the switchgear of not addressed.
Is there a difference between LT Switchgear Panel and HT Switchgear Panels?
Yes. There is a difference between LT switchgear panel and HT switchgear panel.
That is LT switchgear panel handles a low voltage circuit of up to 600V.
An HT switchgear panel handles a high voltage of between 69kV and 230kV.
How do you Calculate Amperes of Switchgear Panel?
Calculating Amperes of switchgear panel involves the following steps:
- Identify the main circuit breaker for the switchgear panel
- Find the sum of the digits on the two switches. This helps in finding the total amperage capacity.
- Take note of the printed digits on each of the circuit breaker circuits.
- Find the sum of the amperage in all the circuit breaker branches.
- Find the product of the step above and 0.8. This helps in determining the real amp in the circuit breaker.
Are Screened Switchgear Panels available?
Yes. Screened Switchgear Panels are available.
They help minimize the electromagnetic effect that prevents electrical current flow.
What should you consider when Buying Switchgear Panel?
You need to consider the following when purchasing a Switchgear Panel:
The Switchgear panel that you purchase should be safe for both the electrical equipment and those who are operating it.
An effective switchgear panel should minimize the occurrence of hazards during operation.
You can check this by going through the specifications and consulting an expert.
· Metal Clad Material
The type of metals used in the manufacturing process determines the application of the switchgear panel.
You, therefore, need to consider the type of metals used in the manufacturing process.
There are different sizes of a switchgear panel that utilize different spaces.
Before purchasing one, you should check on the space to ensure that you have enough for your switchgear panel.
Space should allow for maintenance movements of the switchgear panel.
· Future Allowance
The perfect Switchgear panel should last an average of 30 years.
This is too long for new developments to occur, such as additional equipment.
It should, therefore, be able to cater for these future needs since it is durable equipment.
The efficiency of your switchgear panel is a critical aspect.
The switchgear panel should be able to operate with minimal interference and maximum output.
This ensures maximum productivity and continuity in your applications.
· Manufacturer’s Reputation
You need to purchase your switchgear panel from a reputable manufacturer.
This ensures its durability and quality.
They are also able to repair and maintain your switchgear panel when it encounters problems during its warranty period.
A quality switchgear panel will have a warranty period.
During this period, you can freely return it for repair in line with the terms of the warranty
What are the Quality Standards for Switchgear Panel?
The following are the main Quality Standards for a Switchgear Panel:
- American National Standards for Insulators (ANI) standards.
- International Electrotechnical Committee (IEC) standards.
- National Electrical Manufacturer Association (NEMA) standards.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Standards Association (IEEE-SA)
- ISO standards
What is the difference between Distribution Panel and Switchgear Panel?
A distribution panel distributes power to various components within electrical equipment.
A switchgear Panel isolates and controls current flow within the electrical system.
How does Low Voltage Switchgear Panel compare to the High Voltage Switchgear Panel?
A low voltage switchgear panel handles power circuits of the voltage of up to 600V.
A High Voltage Switchgear panel handles power circuits of the voltage of between 69kV and 230kV